Saturday, November 28, 2009

November 28 (Second Post)

Today I was watching “Trading Spouses” on VH1 and frankly, I felt quite offended. The thing that really set me off is when this one teenage son was coming to pick up his “new” mom said that he’s scared to meet the new mom. When the dad asked him why he felt that way he responded by saying “I’m scared she won’t do our laundry, clean up after us and be our maid.” As if this wasn’t insulting enough the dad found nothing wrong with how this boy talked about his wife. I was appalled. What kind of child speaks this way about the woman that brought them into the world? I hope that one day I can become a doctor, however, I do not look down on those women who have the opportunity and desire to stay at home and raise their children. However, if the children think of you as their maid, I think that’s a serious problem. If I was the mother of that boy and I saw this later I would be extremely insulted.

No comments:

Post a Comment